wall-416062_640In 2016, LED lighting took the spotlight in terms of technology and usability, with manufacturing creating LED lights with more features than ever and at the lowest prices so far in their history.

However, if you’re like many Scottsdale homeowners, you’re probably still hesitant to make the switch to LED lighting because of their higher initial cost. And true, most LED bulbs have a higher price point than compact fluorescent lights (CFLs) and incandescent bulbs. But this is often the case for any technology that’s still new.

Each day you put off the decision of using LED lighting means that you’re also missing out on the energy savings they offer. Below are the top reasons why you need to make the switch to LED technology now.

1. Outstanding Lighting Quality

LED lighting has come a long way since generating an unflattering bluish light in its early years. Aside from their signature crisp white light, today’s LEDs light bulbs are capable of producing a wide variety of colors. Some bulbs can even produce an entire color spectrum of light, allowing users to create custom lighting effects without having to buy more bulbs in different colors.

The bright white lighting quality of LEDs has made them a popular option for street lighting, automotive lighting, and of course, general home lighting.

2. Unmatched Energy Savings

LED light bulbs deliver unmatched energy savings, boasting of an efficiency of 80 to 90 percent compared to incandescent light bulbs.

What this means is that LEDs convert 80 to 90 percent of the electricity they use into light, a huge improvement from incandescent light bulbs, which convert 20 percent of energy to light, while the other 80 percent turns into heat.

3. Low Heat

Contrary to what you may have heard some manufacturers claim, LED light bulbs still generate heat—just nothing close to how hot incandescent and CFLs can get. LEDs can get a little warm, but they are still relatively cool to the touch.

What this means is that if you multiple LEDs in a room, you won’t have to worry about your HVAC system working harder just to keep temperatures cool.

4. Long Lifespan

With the average LED light bulb lasting well beyond 15,000 hours, you won’t have to worry about replacing them for years. That means more savings for you from not having to replace your lights as often, and fewer bulbs making their way to the landfill.

5. LEDs are Eco-Friendly

LED light bulbs are more related to microchip technology than traditional lighting technology. What this means is that they have none of the toxic substances found in traditional lighting, like the mercury used in all fluorescent lighting. The mercury of CFLs can contaminate landfills and groundwater when not disposed correctly.

LEDs are also 100 percent recyclable, while their low energy consumption allows you to reduce your carbon footprint.

The list of benefits of using LED lighting goes on, but these are perhaps the most important reasons why LED lighting has grown to become the standard in general lighting. Remember these reasons and make the big switch to LEDs as soon as you can.

LED Lighting Brands We Work With
ECO Insight LED Lighting Alledra LED Lighting Neptun LED Lighting Natura LED Lighting Light Pole LED Lighting Westgate LED Lighting Yaham LED Lighting Earth LED Lighting iglo LED Lighting DAB LED Lighting Energy Bank LED Lighting Energetic LED Lighting Falkor LED Lighting Alset LED Lighting Halco LED Lighting Acuity LED Lighting ATG LED Lighting Ikio LED Lighting Retrolux LED Lighting
X
Contact Energy Efficiency Pros
$0 LED Lighting

Heard about our $0 LED Program?

Click the link below to see if your business is eligible for energy-efficient LED lighting for $0.

Check Eligibility