With their superior features and wide range of lighting applications, it should come as no surprise that LED light bulbs are changing the landscape of artificial lighting. LED light bulbs can now be found in virtually any type of commercial establishment, including workplaces, commercial buildings, theaters, museums, shops, restaurants, and hotels.

But why exactly are LEDs so popular in commercial lighting? We go over six factors drawing business owners to LED lighting

1. Longer Lifespan

Compared to incandescent bulbs, halogen bulbs, and even compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), LEDs have the longest lifespan of any lighting solution. From a business owner’s standpoint, that means making fewer light bulb replacements every year.

2. Unparalleled Energy-Efficiency

LEDs are the most energy-efficient light bulbs on the market. Compared to classic incandescent bulbs and even commercial halogen lamps, LED light bulbs use up to 90 percent less energy.

Unlike the former light bulb types, LEDs produce more light than residual heat. Incandescent bulbs use an average 10 percent of the energy they consume to make visible light—the other 90 percent is wasted heat. With LEDs, you would roughly get 90 percent light and 10 percent heat.

3. Brilliant Color Saturation

This is an important feature especially for retail and businesses in the hospitality industry. LEDs score high on the Color Rendering Index (CRI), an index that tells you how true a color appears under a certain light (i.e. how red is red and how blue is blue). This ensures that objects under a light source look good—great for fashion stores, groceries, and other similar businesses.

4. Vibration Resistance and Flicker-Free Performance

Incandescent bulbs and CFLs are sensitive to vibrations, which cause the bulbs to flicker and burn out prematurely. LEDs, on the other hand, are more durable due to their solid-state engineering.

Another problem with conventional light bulbs is that they often need several seconds to produce their full brightness. LEDs don’t need time to warm up and are less sensitive to changes in the environment (e.g. temperature, weather, vibrations), giving you a more consistent light.

5. Modern Features

Imagine being able to fully automate your lighting system, connect light bulbs to each other without having to rewire anything, and even change the light color and color temperature of your light bulbs with ease. Many LEDs come with a variety of modern features that let you connect them to a wireless network and control them using an app on your phone. This opens doors to all kinds of lighting applications.

6. Less of a Hazard

Since LEDs don’t produce excessive heat, this means they’re less likely to be a fire hazard. In the event that you forget to turn your lights off, you can rest assured knowing your commercial space will be safe while you are away. LEDs also don’t contain any harmful substances like mercury (which are commonly found in CFLs), so they don’t pose any end-of-life disposal problems.

Bottom line? Switching to an LED lighting system is the best decision you can make for your business. Their benefits, which range from energy efficiency to lighting quality, make them a common sense solution for commercial lighting.

LED Lighting Brands We Work With
ECO Insight LED Lighting Alledra LED Lighting Neptun LED Lighting Natura LED Lighting Light Pole LED Lighting Westgate LED Lighting Yaham LED Lighting Earth LED Lighting iglo LED Lighting DAB LED Lighting Energy Bank LED Lighting Energetic LED Lighting Falkor LED Lighting Alset LED Lighting Halco LED Lighting Acuity LED Lighting ATG LED Lighting Ikio LED Lighting Retrolux LED Lighting
Contact Energy Efficiency Pros
$0 LED Lighting

Heard about our $0 LED Program?

Click the link below to see if your business is eligible for energy-efficient LED lighting for $0.

Check Eligibility